Things I Hope I Don't Hear or Say During My Trip
20.07.2012 33 °C
10) "Don't worry, no problem! The bullet only blew out our tyre and we have a spare in the boot!"
9) Me: "Is that a paw in my curry?" Guide (offended): "Of course not! Rattlesnakes don't have paws!"
8) "So THAT'S what Bosco Ntaganda looks like!"
7) "The last time that happened, all hell broke loose."
6) The sound of explosive decompression while flying CAA.
5) The sound of explosive decompression while flying Trans Air Congo.
4) The sound of explosives in my hotel room.
3) "Your yellow fever vaccination card is only in English and Chinese. I don't speak either. USD$100 and I will perhaps begin to understand a little Chinese."
2) "I'm sorry, sir. We're out of drinking water. Come back in two weeks."
And the number one thing I hope I don't hear or say......
1) "Sh*t, RUN!"